Please save the date for an event to celebrate the on-going career, and mark the retirement, of:
Dr. Jodi Crandall
- Professor Emerita at UMBC and Former Chair, Department of Education
- Former Director of the Language, Literacy, and Culture Ph.D. Program
- Former Co-Director of the MA TESOL Program
- Past President of TESOL, WATESOL, and AAAL
- Member of the Board of Trustees and Former Vice-President of the Center for Applied Linguistics
The event will be held on April 25, 2012 from 5 to 8 pm on the 7th floor of the Albin O. Kuhn Library.
Crandall will give a short, retrospective talk on her work in applied linguistics, followed by a sharing of tributes by current and former colleagues and students as well as a light reception. If you would like to contribute photos or stories to the reception, please send them to email@example.com.
A fellowship in Crandall’s name to support faculty, student and alumni collaborative research will be announced during the event. Information about donating to this fund, as well as more details on the event, will be available in early March.