On Thursday, November 2 from 12:30-2 p.m. at the Albin O. Kuhn Library (7th floor), Marc Bornstein, Ph.D., Senior Investigator and Head of Child and Family Research at the Eunice Kennedy Shriver National Institute of Child Health and Human Development (NICHD) will present a talk “Developing Children in Developing Countries.”
In addition to running a lab at NICHD, Dr. Bornstein is the President-Elect of the Society for Research in Child Development, one of the premier organizations for developmental psychologists. He is or has been the editor of several major developmental psychology journals. For more information, visit the NICHD website.
A message from the Economics Department:
There will be a celebration of Wendy Takacs’ 40 years of teaching and service at UMBC on Wednesday, May 18 from 1:30 p.m.- 3:30 p.m. in PUP 367.
All are welcome to participate. RSVP’s by noon Monday, May 16 to Jacqueline Pennisi (firstname.lastname@example.org) would be appreciated.
A Message from Benjamin Lowenthal, Associate Vice President, Financial Services:
As announced earlier, Lynn Rehn has left UMBC to take the position of Vice President of Administration at the University of Maryland Center for Environmental Science effective November 23, 2015.
The search for her replacement is currently under way and we hope to have her position filled in the February – March timeframe. I thank the members of our search committee for their hard work in moving quickly to fill this important position:
- Charlene Uhl, Director of Budget and Fiscal Analysis – Chair
- Dean Drake, Associate VP, Research
- Lisa Drouillard, Director, Human Resources
- Sharon Doherty-Ritter, Director, Management Advisory Services
- Jacinta Kelly, Assistant Dean, Financial Management and Shared Services Center Director, CNMS
- Stacy Long, Director, Admin Affairs & Research Admin Systems, DoIT
In the interim, please direct your inquiries as follows:
- General Accounting and Finance questions – Gayle Chapman – email@example.com (5-2541)
- Contract and Grant Accounting questions – Aimee Howell – firstname.lastname@example.org (5-5572) or Joanna Napoli – email@example.com (5-1630)
- PeopleSoft Finance and other technical issues – Tim Kuonen – firstname.lastname@example.org (5-8227)
- Accounts Payable processing questions – Linda Rothfus – email@example.com (5-3288)
- All other pressing issues related to Financial Services – Ben Lowenthal firstname.lastname@example.org (5-1720)
Thank you for your cooperation and understanding during this period of transition. I look forward to continuing to work with all of you to provide the best possible service and accurate financial data.
June’s relationship practice is “Lessons in Recalculation from our GPS” Click here for more information.
Who will win the People’s Choice Award? Cast your vote today!
This year the Homecoming Spirit Decorating Contest competition is fierce, with more than 30 offices, eight residential communities, and 10 student organizations participating. Online voting is now live and will be open until Tuesday, Oct. 8 at midnight.
The student organization Spirit Banners are being hung in the Commons today. Photos of the banners will be uploaded for online voting Monday morning at 10 am.
Winners of the Office Spirit Decorating competition will be announced at the Homecoming Faculty and Staff Social on Wednesday Oct. 9 from 5-6 p.m. in Flat Tuesdays. Winners of the Residence Hall and student organization banner competitions will be announced at the Bonfire on Wednesday, Oct. 9 at dusk on Erickson Field.
Get more information about Homecoming events and festivities at homecoming.umbc.edu.
CPR for the Healthcare Provider will be sponsored by the Department of Emergency Health Services on the following date: Thursday, June 13, 2013 – 5:30-10 p.m.
Registration fee is $85 for the full provider course; $70 for the renewal course. For further information, contact Danette McCoy at 410-455-3584 or email@example.com.
April’s new relationship practice is “Relationship wisdom from flash mobs.”